Sunday, May 19, 2013

Here we go!

Hello, everyone!

Welcome to my very first blog.  I hope to share some good stories and insights (when God so inspires me) on here.  The purpose, as outlined above by the movie quotes a little bit, is to look for the profound in the simple: to see those little sparkles that reflect something bigger that is waiting to get out and be discovered by someone.
I'm one of those people who takes joys in the little things.  I like campfires and s'mores on a summer evening with my family gathered in our yard.  I love looking up at the stars in the middle of a clearing, watching them sparkle more beautifully than any jewels ever could.  I like taking walks out in the woods, petting my dogs, watching my goats' shenanigans.  I take joy in the sound and sight of running water in rivers, lakes, streams, creeks, rainstorms, fountains...and in the sound and feel of the wind on my skin, in barefoot walks in the grass or the shore of the beach.  Beach glass, seashells, beautiful music, sunlight raining down through holes in the clouds or pouring through the glass of windows...I could go on, but I've probably said too much already.
I also like writing stories and taking pictures, so occasionally a post about an escapade in authorship or photography may slip in here.
But at the center of it all, as with everything I try to do, God is the hero of the story and, I pray, my main focus.  My hope is that he will shine through in the sparkles I see in life and that I will be able to share some of life's great messages and mysteries with you as He inspires me to do.

God bless! Good evening to all.

"Your life is an occasion.  Rise to it." -Mr. Edward Magorium

No comments:

Post a Comment